DBHS Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American stuff

2 posters

Go down

American stuff Empty American stuff

Post  tsun100% Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:57 am

.....i guess this should be in the music side, but w/e.
QUESTION: why does amercan people have theyre MVs WITHOUT lyric. thats so difficult for people to follow along. and because of this, we have crappy lyric videos with weird backgrounds that are low quality screenshots. why cant we have our music video and enjoy the lyric too?
tsun100%
tsun100%

Back to top Go down

American stuff Empty Re: American stuff

Post  RiceOtter Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:10 am

Honestly, I am not so sure about that. Growing up and being raised in America,
I find the opposite weird because when I saw my first video with lyrics in it, which was
an Asian video, I thought it was weird for them to put it in because it would distract the audience
from enjoying the graphics and actions in the video.

But I understand and can see both sides of this situation. I actually don't find lyrics on MVs
all that strange now because I get to follow along with the singer(s), but on the other hand,
when there are no lyrics, I get to enjoy the action that is going on within the video more.

Perhaps that's usually the main concern for American MVs, they want to have their viewers focus
on what's going inside of the video rather than having words written on the screen to describe them.

I can't say that either of these are wrong. Nothing is wrong in this situation; I suppose that it's just
a matter of preference. Personally though, I really don't mind all that much now, but of course, seeing
my first video with lyrics on the screen (other than karaoke) was weird for me, but it's totally understandable now.

study (<--- yeah, I just felt like putting it there o.o lol o.o )
RiceOtter
RiceOtter
Admin

https://dbanime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum